“not all who wander are lost”

Life. Life is an adventure. It’s the heart stopping, blood pulsing moments that make you stop and feel and for just a moment you’re infinite. It’s taking the first bite of a savory meal, letting go of inhibitions, meeting that one stranger you know will change your life forever. It’s admiring the heat of the sun on your skin, the scent of fresh cut flowers, and the way raindrops race to an invisible finish line. Life, it happens, it doesn’t stop for anyone so jump, jump in and be. Be in the moment and dive into infinity.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

take me to elizabeth street

I think it's safe to say that turquoise and bubble gum pink is my new favorite color scheme. And that Elizabeth Street Café is my new favorite restaurant in Austin (I'm sorry Hopdoddy, you'll still always be my first love). Every detail of the cafe makes me smile; from the floral wallpaper behind the bar and unique floral prints of the waitresses' wrap dresses, to the cute checkered trays on each table, and the very idiosyncratic antlers on the way to the bathroom, which caught me by surprise and made me smile bigger. 


This French-Vietnamese establishment is the best of both worlds. I have now been for dinner, breakfast, brunch, and dinner again to introduce this little heavenly cottage to Lauren. Each experience was different, but just as lovely. A French boulangerie-patisserie by morning, Elizabeth St. offers buttery croissants, fresh baguette, and the best macarons I've tried in Austin; light and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with unique and tropical flavors changing daily. As the day draws on, Elizabeth streets transforms into a lively Vietnamese noodle house serving dishes such as traditional pho, mouth watering pork belly buns with just the right amount of cucumber and hoisin sauce, and housemade spring rolls paired with savory sauces. The combination of cultures makes for a fun, upbeat, and delicious experience.  
And can I mention one more thing that makes me extra happy? Their "grandma chic" branding, by Föda Studio, is beautiful! Logo, menu, and signage. I'm in love. 

Olivia 

Elizabeth Street Café | 1501 S. First Street | Austin, TX 78704 | (512) 291-2881


{photos by Olivia}



No comments:

Post a Comment