“not all who wander are lost”

Life. Life is an adventure. It’s the heart stopping, blood pulsing moments that make you stop and feel and for just a moment you’re infinite. It’s taking the first bite of a savory meal, letting go of inhibitions, meeting that one stranger you know will change your life forever. It’s admiring the heat of the sun on your skin, the scent of fresh cut flowers, and the way raindrops race to an invisible finish line. Life, it happens, it doesn’t stop for anyone so jump, jump in and be. Be in the moment and dive into infinity.

Friday, October 26, 2012

float

You know when you slowly wade into the ocean and you’re in the shallow and the waves seem to pummel you back? You’re trying to just get past the first few swells and make it into the clear blue glass that lies ahead. Friday is that stillness for me and sometimes I just need that push to get me past that 4 foot wave that looks like its going to pull me under. So yesterday I treated myself to Milk and Honey for a haircut, a pick-me-up to get me into the clear blue. 
By the end of the week I feel like I’m drowning and I’m searching for a bit of hope to get me to the surface. Milk and Honey was my floatie. A cup of tea, a trim, and new outlook vanished my troubles. Not often can we look in the mirror and feel beautiful. So why not treat yourself to feeling special and beautiful. Do something that makes you feel like the waves are small. Take each day as it comes and if you ever feel like your drowning grab a floatie. Forget your problems for an hour and do something for you because we never do. 

Lauren

SALON by milk + honey237 West 3rd Street | Austin, TX 78701 |  512.236.1115

{photo by Lauren}

No comments:

Post a Comment